Washington, D.C. — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Past: Python, Django, Node.js, Express, React, Heroku, AWS (API Gateway, CloudFront, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3)
- Tinkering: Nim, TypeScript, Firebase, Netlify
Senior Software Engineer
- Delivering successful enterprise solutions on cross-functional agile teams by building core product features and integrations for clients including Best Buy, Under Armour, IKEA, and Target.
- Designing data-intensive and API driven applications (using Rails and Vue.js) around Kafka in a distributed application architecture.
- Mentoring junior developers and influencing the direction of the mentorship program in the Tech Mentors committee.
- Improved design/dev velocity by leading the implementation of design systems using Storybook and Invision DSM and publishing reusable style framework modules.
- Leading the direction for front end architecture, migrated developers to NPM and established federated governance guidelines for package contributions.
- Improved user experience by reducing response times for the Stock Transfer tool from 20+ seconds to <2 seconds by restructuring the API.
- Automated BULQ.com auctions saving 8+ hours per week of manual curating.
- Reduced warehouse receiving costs ~40% per unit by introducing ASN Receiving and Mass Receiving
- Further reduced receiving processing costs by implementing product catalog matching and exceptions handling features.
Senior Web Developer
- Led a team of front end developers; responsibilities included code reviews, mentoring, and technical direction for projects and tooling.
- Interfaced with client stakeholders to determine requirements, estimates, and priorities for tasks.
- Worked with directors to screen, interview, and hire new teammates.
- Notable projects: Volkswagen Rival Road game (Phaser.io), Luden’s Beatbox (React, Web Audio, Webpack), ServiceYear.org (Django, Backbone), P.A.W. dog tracker (Raspberry Pi w/BTLE, Node.js, Redis), FOSI.org (Django).
General Assembly 2014–2016
Front End Web Development (FEWD) Instructor
- Lead instructor for FEWD 5 & 18, taught web development from the ground up with HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Teacher’s assistant for FEWD 17, met with students outside of class for tutoring and mentoring.
General Dynamics Information Technology 2012–2014
- Built dynamic user interfaces for API driven applications with jQuery and Backbone.
- Delivered high-quality multi-lingual news websites from designs.
- Collaborated with UX designers to create themeable component design systems.
- Hardpass (TypeScript) — github
- AMWeekly (Django) — github
- ADL Hate Crime map (React) — website
- Awesome-Vim — github
- Vue Conf 2019 speaker: Vue.js in Practice at Optoro — watch the talk
- CodePen DC speaker: Web Audio: Basics to Beats — slides
- Refresh DC speaker: Performance and the Pursuit of Butter — slides
- AddThis web performance webinar — watch the presentation
Denison University 2007–2011
- B.S., Computer Science